BY USING OUR SERVICES, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED TO US MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. AS OUR CLIENT, YOU ALSO AGREE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ATTENDEE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ON YOUR BEHALF.
1. Types of Information We Collect
In order to provide event registration and other related services, we collect certain Personally Identifiable Information as well as Non-personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are while Non-personally Identifiable Information refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual.
Personally Identifiable Information
We collect some Personally Identifiable Information (such as e-mail addresses) from our clients about potential event attendees and the attendees also provide us with more Personally Identifiable Information which is used to customize the Service to the interests of the attendees. Examples of Personally Identifiable Information which attendees provide may include their first and last name, e-mail address, mailing address (including zip code), employer, job title and department, telephone number and other identifying information. In addition, attendees may be asked to provide credit card information when ordering products or services via our Service.
With respect to the Personal Information of EU residents, Pentapedal complies with applicable requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as it applies to personal information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personal Information includes any information that does not allow identification of a specific individual, or is not directly associated with a unique person. Examples of Non-personally Identifiable Information which we may collect includes general demographic information and your IP address.
Information collected from attendees via the Pentapedal Platform and Applications is collected on behalf of our clients for the purpose of event registration. We are not responsible for any decisions or actions taken by the client with respect to your information (or by any third party with whom the client may share your information). We encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies of the client who is organizing the event before submitting Personal Information in connection with that event.
2. How We Collect Information
We collect information under the direction of our clients and we have no direct relationship with the individuals whose data we collect. Essentially, we process your information on behalf of our clients while the client controls your information.
The ways by which we collect information are as follows: (1) information that is provided to us by our clients; (2) information that is voluntarily and directly provided by event attendees in response to particular prompts or fields; (3) information that is collected automatically when our Services are used (Cookies); (4) app usage data from mobile apps which you download in connection with our clients’ events.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We provide our clients access to the information we collect on their behalf for the purpose of managing our clients’ events and will retain the personal information for as long as needed to provide Services to our clients. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We do not process the credit card information we collect, but rather give our Clients access to it for processing. The financial information is encrypted and stored on a restricted-access database that is away from our main site and only accessible by our clients.
We may use attendee information to deliver information and to contact attendees regarding administrative notices. We may also use attendee information to troubleshoot problems.
4. Personal Information of Minor Children
Our Services, including the Pentapedal Platform and Applications are not intended for children under the age of 13. Pentapedal does not market any products or services or knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. We believe that children should get their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent before providing any Personal Information online. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through any of our Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information to Pentapedal through any of our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. International Privacy Laws
6. The E.U. GDPR
If you are an E.U. resident, you have the following rights:
- The right to request access and copies of all of your Personal Information that we possess, in an electronically portable format (e.g., electronic copies of information attached to an email).
- The right to request that we modify or update any of your Personal Information.
- The right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information without undue delay. This right however, does not apply where your data is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for complying with a legal obligation, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- The right to fully or partially withdraw your consent to the collection, processing, and/or transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information.
- The right to object to our processing of your Personally Identifiable Information.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection when you believe our processing your data infringes data protection laws.
The GDPR also requires us to tell you about the legal grounds on which we rely to process any Personal Information about you. The legal basis for us processing your Personal Information described above is usually dependent on the nature of the information and how we collect it. We rely on one or more of the following legal grounds when we collect your Personal Information:
- you provided us with your consent;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- it is in our legitimate business interest such as to protect the security and integrity of our systems or improve our products and services; and/or
- it is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
8. Release of Information
We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities and we reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
9. Updating, Deleting and Correcting Information
We believe Users should have the ability to access and edit the data that they have provided to us. As such, Users are allowed to access, modify or delete any personal or non-personal information at any time. You may do so by logging into your account and visiting your account settings.
10. Security of Information
You can be assured that information provided to us is secure, consistent with current industry standards. We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information. For example:
- We work hard to ensure that the data we collect is reliable, accurate, complete and current. We encrypt all data, in order to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us. We also keep collected information only for as long as reasonably necessary and use it only for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- We limit access to attendee data only to specific employees, contractors and agents who have a reasonable need to come into contact with such information. The individuals who may have access to attendee data are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Additionally, we also employ a number of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect data. Our secure servers and our data centers are protected by industry-standard encryption.
(a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between Users and us cannot be guaranteed.
THEREFORE, you agree that we will not be responsible for any data security breach that occurs as a result of circumstances beyond our control. In the event of any security breaches, we will make legally required disclosures to you via email or by providing notice on one or more sites or via a push notification on our apps as applicable. If you learn that our security measures have been compromised, please inform us immediately at email@example.com.
12. Data Protection Officer
You may also write to us at:
Tambra Bonatti Pentapedal, LLC
37 West Center Street, Suite 201
Southington, CT 06489